Getting old is an inevitable experience people all over the world get. Unfortunately, the most obvious signs of the aging show on the skin, particularly on the face. Since the ancient times, women sought ways to delay aging by developing cosmetic products that could help them look younger. However, most of these cosmetic products contain harmful chemicals that could pose danger to one’s health. In light of recent technological advances, skin products sold in the market have become safer and more diverse but making it difficult to choose the right one. This has become a problem for those who are budget-conscious people who want to rejuvenate their skin.
That’s why here are 5 sure ways of keeping aging at bay without spending a fortune:
- Eat foods with high protein. Food is the number one source of toxicity in a person’s body. Some toxins appear in the skin after years of being pumped into the bloodstream from the food that they eat. This becomes wrinkles and uneven skin color later on. However, eating right can also prevent skin damage from happening. Foods with high protein can help a person maintain stable levels of blood sugar. It can also reduce their cortisol, which is a stress hormone, in check.
- Reduce stress. Stress is a huge factor that causes skin aging. People who are working in a very stressful environment appear older than their counterparts. They need to make sure that they take their time away from their job. Some of the things that they can do are enroll in a yoga class, get a massage, get a hobby, or engage in fun and productive activities. This way, they would be able to prevent stress from building up and showing it from their skin.
- Monitor Vitamins B6 and B12 intake. Vitamins B6 and B12 are the reason why humans have a reasonable amount of serotonin in their bloodstream. Serotonin is also known as the ‘happy hormone’, the hormone responsible for easing anxiety and depression. Always take vitamins regularly in order to manage the levels of serotonin.
- Get 8 to 9 hours of sleep every day. Research shows that a person getting less than 8 to 9 hours of sleep are unhappy and unproductive. They also show irritability and inability to make the right decisions. Lack of sleep can also cause a risk of heart problems such as stroke, heart disease, and high blood pressure.
- Use a hydrating face cream. Hydrating face cream products will restore the lost moisture in a person’s skin during the day time. Applying a face cream at night will make sure that the skin regains its proper moisture level and repair itself. Before using hydrating face cream, always make sure to get a dermatologist’s opinion first in order to avoid damaging the skin instead of invigorating it.
Keeping the skin healthy is one of the best ways of delaying aging. As a matter of fact, there is no need to buy and apply too much skin products. As long as one maintains a healthy diet and enough rest, the skin can stay as young as possible. Finally, managing stress levels will prevent wrinkles from coming, giving one a youthful look for a very long time.